Go Nuts for Coconut
The Many Benefits of Pampering with Coconut Oil
Because the weather is changing and my skin is adapting, I want to share a quick skin care tip with you this week!
I love caring for my skin with coconut oil! You may have heard about moisturizing with this divine earthly magic, but have you ever cleaned your face with it? When I clean my face, I apply coconut oil to dry skin and give myself a nice facial massage for a couple minutes. Say YES to self massage! I then dampen a shammy or wash cloth (or try an organic cotton or bamboo receiving blanket) with warm/hot water and use it to remove the oil, makeup and dirt. Oil attracts oil so don't be surprised when you see how much is cleared away from your skin. And you will be amazed as to how clean and smooth your face is after... and you will feel the Self love knowing coconut oil has many benefits:
- it reduces inflammation and treats skin disorders
- it improves moisture & fat content in skin (good-bye wrinkles)
- it is antibacterial, anti-fungal & anti-viral
- it is rich in antioxidants (hello healing)
- it can also be used as a moisturizer and sunscreen
NOTE: I buy the organic and unrefined variety.
So after you get your pajamas on, grab your coconut oil and enjoy some beautiful pampering!